Nicki Dennett

Yesterday I went to the Surface Gallery  in Nottingham to sell some of my jewellery . Unfortunately, it wasn't very busy and I only sold one piece ... but I met Nicki Dennett  (illustrator and printmaker)  and exchanged some jewellery against some of her work.

I really like the print I got from her. It is called "Burger" :


It reminds me very much of my own series of fashion magazines photographs and I am very much looking forward to working more at it again ...


Nicki told me that the print I now have was part of a series she made about a Healthy Eating campaign.
here are some images, taken from her website : they tell the story of a woman who ....


Life Changes

Comfort Zone

Online Shopping



Ditch the Burger


Consequence

The Way Forward

Grow your own


I like this work very much.
Eating and the problems relating to it are much deeper than what we usually say and those drawings speak for themselves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Factory Night @ Old Telephone Building - Stoke-on-Trent

Ann Hamilton - Pinhole photos