Collaboration with Poetess Diane Simei for "Draw the line" - Surface Gallery commission




Whose revolution is this anyway?

My liberation was not built
As a play pen
For your dreams
Don't give you access to my pleasures
Ad hoc and duty free
Do not think my heart and mind
Are not important, secondary
No, remember this sweet nothing
My liberation's not for thee

I wear my heart and my sex
Draped upon my sleeve
Yet some of yall seem to think
That i am brash and too feisty
Until you want it for yourself
In whatever ways you feel
Touch it feel it hold it own it
But only momentarily
Cos deep down
Where truth resides
I think that what this really means
Is that i am but a dolly
With a button and a key
No, remember this sweet nothing
My liberation ain't for thee

Wanna fetishize my freedoms
Lick the flesh of fantasy
Exoticise
Eroticise - the vessel
That you see
You see that lioness, sat regal
Yet without the claws n teeth
You see that goddess, in me able
Yet compliant with your needs
But you failed to see the woman
Failed
To respect me
Didn't bother reading the book love
Don't get to watch it on TV
No, my liberation was not built sweet love
For he or thee....







Slippery when wet
Sombre thoughts beneath me
Lapping gently as i swim
Igniting memories of velvet
Pushed deep beyond within
Persistent aches
Engulf resolve
Rhythm of night time sways
Yonic caress
Warmth rising up
Heat emanates from skin
Ecstasy, sweet symphony
Nascent as life unfolds
Waxing upon the moonlight
Entranced by
Tides of old...




Constraint

I am open
I am feeling
I am breathing
Though the air surrounding's
Feeling thin.

Pushing harder
Exhaling smaller
Aching weak now
Fighting context, smashing ceilings
To fit in.

To these boundaries
These contraptions
Of constriction
Made as they are from paraffin

I inhale all
Give from my soul
These arbitrary constructs
Underpin.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Factory Night @ Old Telephone Building - Stoke-on-Trent

Ann Hamilton - Pinhole photos