Ann Hamilton - Pinhole photos

Ann Hamilton's pinhole camera portraits, taken using a tiny camera in her mouth.




"So I devised, over a number of years (it was sort of something that was in the background for a long time) a way of making pinhole cameras, which is very simple, but to make my mouth the aperture. I don't go into the darkroom and load the film in my mouth and then come out and do it, so it is actually still an object that's inserted into my mouth - but to have the orifice of the place where speech exits the body actually become the eye, and to just play with that. Then it was in the process of actually taking those pictures, seeing what they looked like, seeing in fact how the shape of the mouth is very much the same shape as the eye, and seeing myself become almost like the pupil within. The image of my head becomes almost like the pupil in the middle of the mouth, which is eye-shaped." Ann Hamilton
Interview about Pinhole Photos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Factory Night @ Old Telephone Building - Stoke-on-Trent

1/3 - The circle of my heart - Le cercle de mon coeur.